Purpose built as an expedition yacht in 2008 the Hanse Explorer is a spectacularly well equipped expedition vessel built to tackle the most challenging waters with her nimble shell, extra thick steel hull and ice class category GL-E3 (the highest category) meaning she can deal with the roughest of ice and take you to the hard to reach areas of the notoriously difficult waters of the Southern Ocean. To put it more simply she is a serious adventure expedition yacht, tough enough for the harshest of Antarctic expeditions but with all the home comforts and flexibility to ensure a uniquely tailor made trip of a lifetime.
Because she is charter with just 7 cabins (6 staterooms and an owners suite) she makes the perfect option for a family or group of friends wanting to travel to the world’s last great wilderness together. Moreover private charter means you really can personalise your great adventure – we can match your desires with amazing landings and build creative, custom itineraries that will take you to the most off the beaten track of the already isolated continent. The vibe is of a relaxed floating ‘home away from home’ with an Open Ship Philosophy, welcoming you to wander all areas of the ship from bow to stern.
Interiors are smart and nautical, with polished woods featuring highly to give a warm and relaxed ambience in keeping with adventure vessels of old. A spacious saloon and adjacent dining room feature large windows to bring the stunning scenery indoors, and an expansive aft deck is used for frequent al fresco dining. There is also a welcomed Finnish sauna, two zodiacs which tackle brash ice serenely, two inflatable sea kayaks and diving equipment.
- Private charter for just 12 passengers and uber-personalised details means you can pretend to ‘own’ your yacht to experience one of the greatest bucket list adventures we can imagine.
- The whole party can take trips out on the 2 zodiacs to cruise past glaciers or perhaps see whales breaching just metres in front of the dingy.
- Camp on the ice and sleep under the bright night sky of the worlds last great wilderness
- Take to the icy waters in a kayak –one of the most famously thrilling ways to experience Antarctica
- Don the on-board equipment and dive deep into Antarctic waters to see the phenomenal beauty of the Antarctic underworld
- Relax in the on-board Finnish sauna at the end of a long day of adventure
- Enjoy totally tailor made itineraries and meal plans